不可叫人小看你年輕,總要在言語、行為、愛心、信心、清潔上,都做信徒的榜樣。提摩太前書4:12

Thursday, September 6, 2012

GOD is GOoD

Tuesday:
“Let the music of your soul play on repete”
#Grateful

Before I was even fully awake, my friend send me this interesting text. Simplicity, I love it. This is the kind of friends I cherish dearly. Sharing insights at spontaneous moments.

The music of Yanyi's soul... worship songs!
So the entire morning I was humming and singing worships songs.
It was a grateful way to start off my day.

First... on the First day of being a Sophomore: 
First text: 9:27AM
First friend I ran into: Bobby with a huge umbrella
First exercise: Walking up the Million Dollar Stairs
First embarrassing/typical YANYI moment: went to the wrong building looking for a non-existent class
First class (& also last of the day): 1PM
First OTE friend I saw: "SoChill" :)
First inspiring/ heartfelt conversations: 3pm-5pm. It was a beautiful mistake, aka, in God's plan. Met up with J and ran into A, spend more than 2 hours catching up on lives. #alive
First courageous moment: I was walking back to my dorm when I heard "Yanyi!" I turned around and I forgot the person's name! However, I started a conversation with her as if I knew her name. I was going to let it slip as I already did earlier in the day. When we were about to depart, I went up to her and apologize. V kindly understood and just reminded me of where we met. :) Now I found another short-lost one! Afterwards, I intentionally connect with her on fb so we can get to know each other more in the future. #gaining
First roommie sweet talk: The more I chatted with my roommate, the more awesomeness she radiants! We chatted about high school and our passions. I am so honored to have S as my roommate this year and excited to get to kn more about her! :D #lovingISwinning

Wednesday:
Philipians 4:4-7
"
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

A dear friend S whom I met over the summer has decided to share a bible verse with me every morning via email. I encouraged S with this verse before we departed to our own ways. This morning, I was surprised to receive this verse and I did not know how God is going to use it. Half way through the day, I was actually tired and grumpy due to certain incident. When I came back to my dorm, I was reminded of this verse. I decided to lift up what's in my heart and just pray about it. That became my God moment of the day!

Later on today, I shared with S about my God moment and heard God moments from S. It was very encouraging to know that God is working all the time! :)

A random/funny conversation: 
I walked out of my dorm where one of my suitemate E was chatting with suitemate F. I joined in their conversation. We got to a point where we were chatting about productivity. I told them, "I felt so productive although I did not do anything homework related. I felt so ready to study but I have no books!" "So were you studying your syllabus?" "..." hahaa

Two random/funny HW assignments:
My Adolescent Psychology professor send out an email with the syllabus and a worksheet. It was called the Smiley worksheet. So we basically had to smile to at least 10 strangers on campus and get their reactions. The FUNNY part now is... I WAS actually already doing that before I even receive the assignment. On my first day of class (yesterday), I was walking to my class when I decided to share my smile with everyone who I walked past. The first three people just gave me the infamous "BC look away." I was not surprised nor felt rejected. I was comfortable with myself and who I am as I walked so others' reactions had no effect on me. #secured. When I shared my smiling stories with J&A, A asked "it's so hard to smile all the time though." Indeed, I learned over this summer that some people are not naturally "smilers". Smiling to them might be a difficult task. "If the smile is genuinely coming from within, we are not supposed to feel weary. So it is possible to smile all the time." I shared my epiphany. Secret to morning joy: pray& sing worship songs! "
Dear Heavenly Father, satisfy us (me) in the morning with Your unfailing love, that we(I) may sing for joy and be glad all our(my) days.! In Jesus name, AMEN. Even a simple prayer spark joy in my heart and opens the eyes of my heart to listen to the holy spirit and seek for God's hidden treasures for me throughout the day! #beauty

My Working with Special Edu. Student professor asked us to do an assignment on observing how people walk on campus (WHAT?!!) haha. But this is the exact style of teaching that I love. He made me felt like screaming by the end of our first class today. It was the same feeling as Perspectives when I had Tacelli last year. Oh yes! During class, he also loves to share stories and engage us in conversations . Love it! After asking two opening questions, "What is a disability" and "What should we do about disability," Professor further challenged our critical thinking. He shared a story of meeting a man with disability in Public Garden with a sign hanging over his wheelchair, stating "People do not pity their equals." Interesting quote. It kept me thinking...

Spanish I was gigglable- yup, I made up that word.
Latin America in the World is academically-intense... I already sense that I am going to learn so much more than I expected. Consistency is the super key!
Logic is... ironically illogical right now because the professor was not ready, the internet was not collaborating and we got out of class 20 mins early. The class has no syllabus, no textbook, and no way to email the professor. We will see on Friday.

4 classes on Monday, 1 on Tuesday& Thursday, 3 on Wednesday and 3 on Friday!

Heavy reading for Ado. Psy., Latin America in the World and Working with Special Edu.
Logic and Spanish are completely new.
It is going to be a ________ semester.
We will see.

Joshua 1:9.
As S reminded me today, "Put God before everything else." S indeed encourages me so much with a pure heart and kind words. God bless!

the Boston Project experience continues to impact my life in Godly ways. I praise God for that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment