不可叫人小看你年輕,總要在言語、行為、愛心、信心、清潔上,都做信徒的榜樣。提摩太前書4:12

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

信心交托

耶和華說:
"凡劳苦担重担的人,可以到我这里来,我就使你们得安息。” 太 11:28
“因為困苦人的冤屈和貧窮人的歎息,我現在要起來,把他安置在他所切慕的穩妥之地。“ 詩篇 12:5

"你當為不能自辯的開口,為一切孤獨的伸冤。你當開口按公義判斷,為困苦和窮乏的辨屈。" 箴言31:8-9
"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:8-9

公義的父神,
聆聽禱告的父神,
願 祢的旨意成就。


One of the most valuable lessons I learned this summer is establishing relationship. The essential of building true relationship that matters. Relationship with God, relationship with my family, relationship with friends, relationship with everyone around me. With relationship comes consistent presence, patience, and passion to love regardlessly and selflessly. Very often, I still fall short in expectations. I still put myself before others. But I learned to be more aware of the ongoing situation and put other's need before my own. Thank You God for this small piece of insight that would take me a long way in life.

Story of the day:
Even before I got home today, I felt overwhelmed with emotions of leaving the Boston Project. I can confidently say that no one was ready to leave, or to move on. As this season slowly switch to the next one, I tried my best to leave behind the burdens that I came in with in the summer. During worship today, the song "Be my everything" reminded me of how God is always with me, every single moment of my life. I make a commitment through the song in asking God to be my everything. As I burned off the issues on the fire, symbolizing the departure of old burdens. I am seeking for a lighter me.

As I was saying good byes to people, I slowly realized my way of good bye was no longer the dramatic and cry-to-death good bye. It was calm, reflective, and enjoying-every-single-moment-together good bye. I was enjoying the plain moments when people joke, when people smile, when people saying their own ways of good bye, and being content about what was going on around me. This is something new. Often times, I raise my own expectations of how a "good bye" should be. Nowadays, maybe the best good bye for me is to simply give out a hug and then walks away as I continue to reflect and grow.

Coming home was actually a relief for me as I dropped my guitar, bag of clothes and that 500lb backpack on the floor. Spiritually, physically, and emotionally, I was drained. I expected myself to crash on my bed after a quick shower and sleep until I naturally wake up. Something interesting happened. Hungry me went to grab some food to eat. As I was eating, mom came over and chatted with me about her work situation. I heard about it last night on the phone. There has been issues between her and her coworkers lately. Since she does not speak English that well, and she can be kind of hard to have self-control when she's frustrated (just like me), there were some miscommunication in the conflict. Although I was really hungry, mom requested me to chat with her superviser on the phone. At first I started to complain in my heart. Soon I realized how I should put her needs before my own. Love is when one willingly sacrifices himself for other's sake. As for me, I was honored to sacrifice for my mom, regardless of the fact that my minor sacrifice is incomparable to the ones she made for me.

Why such sorrow,
Why such pain?
Why such injustice,
Why such need?
Why such anger,
Why such harshness?
Where is the love, I ask.

Love is being pushed behind
when it comes to conflict.
Always being the last to be considered.
Yet that is exactly what we needed first.

Love,
even when the situation goes against our emotions,
even when we feel pain in heart,
even when we have the voice, a million reasons to scream.

Calm down, take a deep breath.
The Lord is the righteous Lord.
He will take care of all injustices in the world.

After all,
everything that we see,
all things that we've ever experience,
never experienced,
is only a part of His plan.
He alone knows the ultimate plan
and for that I am ever grateful.

"For I know the plans I have for You, plan not to harm you but to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah.

Trading my Sorrows
"I'm trading my sorrows
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord
I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord
And we're singing

Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes yes Lord
Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes yes Lord
Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes yes Lord, Amen"


Because of all that happened today, I got the chance to pray out loud for my mom. She felt the love. Though she might not understand fully God's plan, or acknowledge Him in any way, I am faithful that God is knocking her heart, sending her invitation of love. As for me, I will continue to be a blessing for my family, just as the way He planned.
This is the first step for reflection of answered prayers, transformation, vulnerability, confession, and healing. I am madly in love with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment