不可叫人小看你年輕,總要在言語、行為、愛心、信心、清潔上,都做信徒的榜樣。提摩太前書4:12

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Joy of Summer: tBPm '12 See(k) - Mock Week

Many months ago...
back in my first semester of BC, I applied for study abroad in Sydney, Australia. Not only did I got into the program, I received ~$3,000 scholarship for it. When I thought the highlight of my summer 2012 would be traveling to Australia and taking an interesting class on International Education Policy.
Yup, all by myself, independent and proud.

Many months later...
Summer has finally arrived.
Here I am, sitting on a bed in a big blue house in Dorchester, MA.
Still in the United States of America.
Yup, completely change of plan.
But I can not be more satisfied and hopeful about summer 2012.

Whenever God closes one door, He will open another one.
All I have to do is put my trust in Him and follow His Will.
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

♫ Oh, Give Thanks ♫ 
"Oh give thanks unto the Lord 

For He is good, yes He is good 

For He is worthy, worthy 
For He is good, yes He is good"
Not many months ago...
I signed up, got interviewed and was accepted to a BC all female summer retreat called Unplugged.

Not many months later...
TODAY, I've decided not to participate in it due to time conflict with tBPm. The time conflict was not too bad, just a couple of hours gap. If I insist and request, I know I have a chance of getting out of work and enjoy my Unplugged time in New Hampshire. After thinking it through, I wanted to focus on my calling of this summer (that is, to wholeheartedly serve all the youths and grow with them, work together with undivided attention side by side with my peers). It brings me pain in my heart that I actually have to give up on Unplugged. I was looking forward to it ever since the day I signed up. But God has shown me that His way is better than mine. His grace is enough for me. So I lift up my will to Him. I am not boasting that I am sacrificing my time or my experience for God. I am unworthy of even typing that sentence. I felt moved to praise and share the power of God's love. It motivates my heart to focus on His purpose for me in life. God reveals Himself through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, His very own Son, once and for all washing away all mankind's sins. Way too many times, I face the options of ignore or respond. The freedom to choose an option that opens a new life journey of intimate relationship with God is a gift. 



to be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment