不可叫人小看你年輕,總要在言語、行為、愛心、信心、清潔上,都做信徒的榜樣。提摩太前書4:12

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Joy of my summer: tBPm '12 See(k)

"How great is our God, SING with me
How great is our God, and all will SEE
How great, how great is our God"

I can never praise God enough for what He has prepared for me in my life. Everything I can ever imagine, never imagine, He knows them all. He even creates something way better, way beyond my imagination so I can be surprised in joy every time when I trust in Him. As I officially began this summer ministries, the first full time job in my life, I feel so blessed everyday to simply focus my eyes on God and count his blessings. : )


tBPm: the Boston Project ministriesI am currently living in an apartment with three other summer staffs (Kyra, Tyler and Lonie) and a program director (Meghan) who gently oversees us with love. By God's grace, the five of us soon harmoniously bonded together. I really enjoy and appreciate how open-minded and open-to-vulnerbility everyone is here. This is completely the opposite experience I gained from first semester of BC (God has chose to show me first-bitter-then-sweet way huh!)

Honestly speaking, I haven't consisently been surrounded by this kind of fellowship love ever since PD and JYF. This is the kind of fellowship in Christ I've been lacking and seeking in last year. Thank God for allowing me to be part of the tBPm project this summer. I can not wait to unfold all the treasures that He has prepared for me. One lesson that I learned while applying to this summer position: be still and know that He is God. "Rejoice, rejoice, do not be anxious and lift everything up to him in prayer" (paraphrased Phillipians 4:4-7)My other favorite aspect of tBPm is emphasis on community. Everyone literally treats each other like family. Even when I meet someone for the first time, we can have open discussion and caring words towards each other. We have this commonality of experiencing God's love and being His beloved children, hence the special relationship foundation. Two days ago, the pastor Paul's daughter has her 7th birthday. There were almost 30 people in the house celebrating her sweety bday. Our team went out and shopped for her birthday presents. We filled a whole bag with pink items related to the princesses theme- (there goes my lost childhood memory!) It was a very memorable experience to witness different families of different race, cultural backgrounds and ages coming together for this special celebration. I cherish this diversity. I embrace this harmony. I love this LOVE.

Since the guys live in a different location, we usually meet up at the main house in the morning. We would have devotion and breakfast prepared by the program directors. Somedays, like today, we held hands and sang together in a circle before we pray for our meal. While we were singing, I can not pray God enough for that moment. Once again, that diversity, that harmony, that LOVE.

We have this kind, grandmama Karen who cook us delicious lunch & dinner everyday. She's the pastor's mom and a very experienced cook. When I said delicious, I MEAN
DEEEEEEEEE
LIIIIIIIIIIII
CIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
OOOOOOOO
UUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSS
that beats restaraunt and obviously BC and fast foods! :)

Some activities that we preped/enjoyed together so far were:
-Making Ugly Quilt***
-Exploring Dorchester neighborhood
-Watched the King's Speech***
-Girl's Night Out
-Goals & expectations review

Another thing, I decided to only check facebook on Saturday. If unncessary, I am going to quit facebook this summer and possibily forever. I found myself experiencing so much more peace once I settle down with the world, the real world that I am in. So with that being said, it is really not fb's fault. It is this yearning for connection that I need to figure out. Fb offers people the place to stay connect with others. As the quantities between individuals might increase and rather more convinient, the qualities decreses equally in the same speed. Between the two, I definitely choose latter.

***
Update of another time

I have very early schedule now. Normal sleeping time 11pm. Awake time 6:30am. Love it. Healthy. So that's it for me mid-week update. 10 1/2 more weeks of blessing in tBPm to go. yeah~Peace be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment