"Yes...!" I suddenly popped up on my bed as my roommate Sermisha stared at me with a huge question mark on her face.
After rolling in bed for a good 45 minutes, I was wondering why I could not fall asleep at all. Usually by this time I would be sleeping, or at least sleepy after a long workload day. But not tonight. Something was in my mind even though I could not clearly identify what it is.
Tonight was an adventurous night. I overcame the temptation of eating that delicious slice of pizza. I thoughtfully spend time with my favorite stuff animal- タママ, and admiring its cuteness (something that I seldom do). I received a lovely, super warm blanket from my roommate Sermisha to fight against the unusual cold summer night. I switched my pillow to the other side of the bed so I can have a better chance of falling at sleep. I aimlessly wondered through the internet hoping that I will get tired and thus, be able to sleep soon. I even heard that huge bug's wings flipping around me and vanished into the spacious room and count sheeps like a child but only finding myself stopping after two rounds of both hands. After doing all of these, I lay in my bed... waiting for tomorrow to come once my eyes is open again.
Well, it did not work at all. I became more awake afterward.
I was still wide awake even with my eyes closed, needless to restate that I had done nearly everything to make myself fall asleep. My whole body was ready to sleep... except for my mind. My mind was more awake than in daytime. At moments, I found myself replaying the scene of the writing course that I had from 6:30 to 9:30pm. I even heard the conversations played in my mind clearly.
I was not surprised for the replay. But something else occurred to me that was worth a note. That is why I am still up right now (at blogger) to write it down. After all these failures of attempting to go to sleep, I allow myself to contemplate upon the writing draft that I started on Monday. This paper is not due until next Wed. As usual, my mind choose to ignore it for a few days before picking it up and squeeze certain brain juice to come up with in-depth thesis and meaningful sentences. Once I permit myself to ponder upon the subject of morality, something magically happened. I suddenly got idea for a really interesting hook for my essay that I did not expect to come up. In addition, this hook perfectly connects to the argument that I make later on in the essay! Isn't it exciting?! ha... no wonder Yanyi popped out of her bed regardless of how sleepy she was! (sike! I am still wide-awake...oh man~,~)
off to the hook, here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment