不可叫人小看你年輕,總要在言語、行為、愛心、信心、清潔上,都做信徒的榜樣。提摩太前書4:12

Friday, October 12, 2012

No time like... NOW!

When nothing goes right...

you take what you have and make the best out of it.

Today was such day.

Over all, can I say that I enjoyed it?

It was time well-spend indeed.

Regardless the fact that I did not complete most things in my plan,

I did stumble upon some memorable surprises.

Spontaneity at its best:
thought, act, thought, act, thought, act.
Instead of thought, consider, think, act.
Throw away your watch,
stop looking around for the location,
forget about what comes next.
No need to reflect too much.
Just experience and follow the free flow.

Today ended on a "How Great is Our God" song as I gazed up the late night sky and sang with the stars. Oh yeah, can not forget about that one huge firework near BC station, SURPRISES MUCH?!

Dear God, You are good.
:)


Beautiful moments today:
"Little Love, Big Protection"
There was an old man standing on the yellow area near the Subway as a little hand suddenly appeared from behind and pulled him back one step, away from the yellow area. My eyesight followed through the yellow hand and landed on a cutie child's face. As I stare a bit longer, I saw the child whispered to the man, who seemingly is his grandfather. Soon, a genuine smile appeared on the old man's face. I did not hear a word in their short communication, yet based on the body language and my unlimited imagination, I assumed that the child reminded his grandpa not to stand too close to the subway as it was arriving. What a lovely scene~

"Our Silent Conversation"
As I got on the subway, I spotted this kiddo in a red cap several seats away. We began to have our silent conversation through facial expression. People crowded the subway, yet we managed to keep our eyes on each other as I copied every single one of his facial expression. I did not care if others were staring at me weird, I was having such a relaxing and joyful moment. I bet the kiddo did too, as he later turned to his mama and started to make face towards her. I really enjoyed the ability to connect to others, whenever and wherever we WILL. Simple moment like this in life has always added colors to my day. Oh, how I adore children!

"Feet that Walk for Friends"- Even if it is after mid-night.
Last night was my friend M's birthday. We met in a weird occasion, so weird that I could not even recall. As I was preparing the birthday present, I was reminded of the good memories we shared. We do not have a lot (yet) actually, only a few.  But those that I can recall are of high quality. They help me grow intellectually and continue to impact my character.

At mid-night, I was coming back from my award ceremony way passed the planned time. Nonetheless, spontaneity took over my sense and I decided that I shall deliver the gift even though it was past mid-night. What is an appropriate act? I have some clue. Maybe my mom would probably scold at me for doing such crazy thing at mid-night- walking across the campus, was leading by another stranger Sophomore to that far away dorm, knocking on other's window for the door to be opened, knocking on my friend's door, waiting for several minutes, knocking again... the noise of my knocking just amplified in the sleepy hall way. Finally, a sleephead opened the door and welcomed me in.

 Why input so much effort?

The answer is simple: "these are feet that walk for friends, even if it is after mid-night" These were the exact words that I told M as I was departing. In other words, our friendship is worthy, I would walk extra miles for you. As Aristotle would put it, my "friend of goodness/virtue". I am really grateful that I've bumped into several of these on campus ;) Treasures of my heart!

This reminded me of E. Oh my dear E, how I love you always coming to my rescue!!! Seriously, what kind of friend would treat you food twice in a row at the same time? Fed me well, took good care of me, be there even when I did not ask for it. I can not ask for better friends than this one. Oh how God has blessed me with so many 義氣子女!Cheers!

I am just on a FriendshipCelebrating mode these days! Too beautiful not to record them!
Praise God for the eyes that see the beauty even in the littlest things.
I simply can not afford to live through daily life without admiring God's beautiful creation. It would be such a waste if I do not take the time to see(k)!

No comments:

Post a Comment