不可叫人小看你年輕,總要在言語、行為、愛心、信心、清潔上,都做信徒的榜樣。提摩太前書4:12

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Adventurous First day of being BEAUTIFUL college STUDENT :D

I was in bed quite late last night. But I promised myself that was one of the exceptional nights where I will allow myself to sleep so late. Anyway, let me get back to this morning.

At ~8:30am, I heard my phone vibrating and ringing. It was my personal Alarm Clock :) I told my mind to wake up, which it did. But I failed to get off bed right away. At ~9am, I checked my phone, it was still early, I thought, and I decided to close my eyes for another short power "nap" =P. 

the next time I opened my eyes, "11:03am" appeared on my phone. I jumped off my bed, and looked around, only to realize that my whole room was messy, as if somebody had just robbed the room. I turned my head and took a quick look at the door, it was half opened with one of my sneaker stuck under it. I was so confused! I then looked at my roommate and tried to wake her up. I was in shock to find her bed fell on the floor and it was broken. WHAT IS GOING ON? I asked myself as I became more nervous about my first day being late to class. There was no way for me to get from Newton campus to Main campus for an 11am class when I woke up at 11:03am (after my observation of the room, it was then 11:12am) It felt like DE JA VU from the first OTE night where Rosemary and I overslept as the preceptors knocked on our doors to wake us up for the entrance exams. =X

Suddenly I heard my roommate Devon's voice, 
"wake up... it's 9:40..."
"What? 9:40?" 
I immediately checked my phone
"9:41AM" 
WOW. That whole de ja vu experience was not a nightmare but rather MORNINGmare! 
I relaxed my shoulder and mind, 
then I laughed,
I laughed at my own silliness ::: what a college student :::

YAY, my first day of college was not ruined. 

Fast forward to the first class of the day:
First year writing seminar with fourteen other students. 11:00am
We went over each other's name and share special meanings behind them,
I told them my name was a symbol of my father and mother's love
because both of them picked one letter
father> Yan (bird)
mother> Yi (good manner)
As I was sharing, I realized how special my name meant to my family.
A family that is no longer physically together 
but forever linked my parents' true love and my name

I love writing and I love small classes. 
So it is going to be one of my favorite class =]

Second class of the day:
Child Growth and Development @12:00pm
I didn't realized how big this class was until I went into the room with about fifty other people. I was so shocked! Then a girl in front of me told me that it was actually smaller than she expected. -____- I would not want it to be any bigger than this. Well, I love the class and what it has to offer though. I got really excited when I see little children. I also love the icebreaker that my professor did. (It was separating people into different groups based on specific interest/facts) I am looking forward to learn more about child growth and development. I am also ready to share my own childhood experience growing up in a village in China!!! :D

So there was an assignment that I had to give birth to a virtual child online and raise her/him (now I know my child is a SHE) ^____^ I was super excited! I felt as if I was really going to give birth to a child. haahahahaa... woman instinct, you know. Anyway, I went through all the quiz and picking all the different colors of my child, I am stuuuuuuuuuck at the name picking section. I don't know what to name her.


WHAT SHOULD I PICK?
Hmmmm...

I guess
To be continued
LOL


Here we go!
Introducing to you my newborn virtual baby!
Phoebee 
(wonder why there are two "e"s at the end?)
BEE, my favorite!
Phoebe(e) is an honorable woman in the bible,
Phoebe(e) also means "bright and shining in Green Mythology!
I haven't think of my own special meaning for Phobee yet... but it will come... eventually!

1 comment:

  1. aww cute (: I want to raise a virtual child aha!
    glad you're doing well and enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete