不可叫人小看你年輕,總要在言語、行為、愛心、信心、清潔上,都做信徒的榜樣。提摩太前書4:12

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Japan Earthquake

I clicked on my Safari browser as I normally would on Friday midnight around 1am, the news of Japan earthquake filled my CNN homepage. To be honest, though I was surprised by such news, I did not have any strong feelings toward "earthquake" that day because I took the word "earthquake" too lightly. Recently there are just too many tragic events happened around the world. With the advance of technology, all the major issues around the world are exposed in real time and we seemed to "get used" to them... when I finally clicked on some CNN videos today, I felt a REAL shock in my heart. A shock that ached my heart, a shock that filled my eyes with merciful tears... a shock that made me wonder: what if earthquake and tsunami hit Boston today, how would I feel?

I went on facebook page, too many people are concerning with minor daily troubles.

*EDIT: continuing from last night*
One person is so limited. Life is so fragile.
today at Kids Worship, a little girl about half of my size volunteer to help with offering.
"Do you want to pray?" I asked as usual.
"Yes. I want to pray for Japan..." the six-year old nodded her head.
At that moment, I saw the most innocent face on earth, ever.
"Okay, let's bow our heads and pray"

"... dear God, I heard Japan has storm and earthquake. please help Japan and save the little children in Japan. Amen" 

her voice melted my heart.
it was such a simple prayer, yet it was the most powerful one I had ever heard regarding to prayers for Japan. Even little kids are aware of world's troubles... I really admire her pure heart to just wish the best for Japan.

This leads to one of the worship song that I chose today for Kids Worship:

"they are weak but He is strong, Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me! The bible tells me so!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment