不可叫人小看你年輕,總要在言語、行為、愛心、信心、清潔上,都做信徒的榜樣。提摩太前書4:12

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Right Motivation, Wrong Goal.

ernasdiomaosmtiawhtpwknnkassdjfaskjtotunwh
dgnsdvioergknadklnvkdfgiorangaldknkldsfnkgs

If I never spend the effort to learn English, I can not even form this sentence. While days can not mark the topic that my mind is contemplating upon, little seeds of questions or "topics" just started sprout one after one. They do not even bother to wait until I am ready to move on.  Some seeds are so deeply rooted, I can not avoid them in any way. "Mind of a philosopher" was one of the element that Mr. Watson included in his final evaluation on me as a student. Hmm interesting phrase, I like the wording of it. However, it pays price to just "thinking critically" all the time.

I personally do not believe that everybody has a "mind of a philosopher". I used to think that is false, until recently somebody proved me wrong. Sometimes people are just designed not to "think critically" , or they are just trying their best effort not to "think critically" at all. How can people stop thinking? you might wonder. Well, by "thinking critically" I refer to the level of intensity that will blows one's mind so hard that he/she nearly refuses to "think" anymore. Ever experience that? There are two possible outcome: it reaches a point where one reacts with a "whatever, I am so done with this topic" and walk away, or you will just keep thinking and thinking in a cycle until nothing is left on your mind... yet you are still stuck in the same topic.

honestly, I don't really know where I am going with the above two paragraphs that I wrote. But I believe that it is exactly what is going on in my mind. There are something that I just have to write it down, except the whole thought is not yet completely formed.

I am getting there! Give me some time and space, I will one day realize all these energy and time used on contemplation will pay off. Everything will reveal to me as I gain all of the pieces of my thoughts!

Peace.

P.S. oh yeah, a really wonderful teacher encouraged me to read intensively. With determination, I am going to do it, but first I must make a plan and set a goal. His words are just so powerful that keep echoing in my ears. Although I may not completely agree with his motive for making certain decisions, I truly admire his eagerness to motivate others, his intelligence and his gutsy personality to risk...


An extraordinary tiger clothed in ordinary coat of wool
- ambition is what I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment