不可叫人小看你年輕,總要在言語、行為、愛心、信心、清潔上,都做信徒的榜樣。提摩太前書4:12

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Brief part-time job experience so far...

First week of my part-time job is done! Overall it was very fulfilling I must say. Supervisor walked in and had a half an hour advising session on fostering a healthy and meaningful marriage today. She also told us her past working experience in her home country. What a woman!!! If we were in ancient time, my supervisor would be the senior general of our army. She is so articulate, so inspiring and so passionate! Love her leadership style. I am so in love with my job despite its challenges at times. My coworkers are caring individuals and the work environment promotes constant teamwork. =) We get so excited and celebrate every little success!

I learned that I am a super guilt-oriented person, something which T pointed out multiple times before. I was running late on Tuesday and ended up paying over $60 for uber Instead of $2 for the subway. With little over 3 hours of sleep the night before, I was having such a grumpy day until my supervisor reminded me, don't let guilt take over you. It is okay. Just let go of the guilt and work very hard for the rest of the day. adjust your hours by staying a bit later, I don't mind if you don't make it at 9am. I almost cry when I heard that. I am not a morning person, and with the snow disaster, I've been having the most difficult time getting to work. Now I have more breathing room going to work and getting off work. This is why I am excited for the work that I will do because I get to manage my own time as long as I get the it done. I thive on that freedom and autonomy.

I promise myself to pray for every client that I interact with and I will keep them close to my heart as I make myself available to be their voice whenever they need me. So far so good!!!

And guess who opened the door for me? God made it so easy so that even when I hesitate to get this job, He urges my supervisor-to-be to seek me out and wait for me to adjust my schedule. When I listen and obey to God's calling, I feel joy and at peace. I need more of that in my other decision making moments in life!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment