Before heading out for today's run, I realized how much things had changed since April. I can only say, it was a good run.
It was a run that slowly allowed me to pick up pieces of myself along the way.
It was a run that allowed me the space to strive for new aspiration.
It was a run that allowed me to peacefully gaze at the sky and simply embrace the present.
How can I grow as a whole and stay healthy spiritually, physically, and emotionally?
"God helps those who help themselves"
This was a quote that my mentor shared with me a while ago. I instantly rebuked and refused the concept. God helps everyone! I thought to myself. However, the quote stuck with me and popped to me from time to time.
God helps those who help themselves... I finally came to a settlement with this quote. God helps those who respond to Him and He also help those who do not respond to Him. The result of this "help" depends on the significant changes in one's life. If we do not help ourselves to make the decision of following Christ and obeying Christ, then no one can help us, not even God. This I truly believe because of our free will ability.
Recently, I am going through a season of loosening and uprooting. It can go both ways. I am praying silently in my heart from time to time that I would hold on the Truth as this transformation is taking place. I pray that it is my desire to only desire God, and have the courage to stand up for it through practical actions.
No comments:
Post a Comment