"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
I was so anxious on Tuesday night when I realized that I couldn't find my articles for the research paper due tomorrow. I looked at my desk, flipped through all the notebooks, turned my book bag inside several times, and even traced my way back to the dining hall and asked the dining hall manager to see if they had a lost and found- oh boy, was I desperate!
My emotion stage went from denial to complaint to discouragement!
As I was walking towards prayer room that evening, I prayed to God. Lord, I pray that you would teach me not to be anxious in times like this. Teach me to stay peaceful and not to complain. Philippians 4:6 popped up in my mind.
God says in every situation, not just in an emergency or in a tragic situation, but in every situation! By means of prayer and petition, instead of complaining about a situation and nurturing our bad mood, pray and petition it to God. Do so with thanksgiving, knowing that it is such a privilege to pray and to even petition to God, the Sovereign King of this universe.
I found peace in God as I was in the prayer room. My attitude changed from complaining to feeling peaceful. I realized that some times when we pray for something, God does not directly give us what we pray. He changes our attitude towards what we were praying for. He reorients us to fix our eyes back at Him, and His goodness. When my attitude changed, I became more willing to restart again. I ended up going to the library, finding all the articles, and ready to deal with my work without any complains. I felt the patience that I was lacking before. I found joy in being able to allow myself accepting what had happened, letting God taking care of that I can not control, and relying on Him to carry me through.
This morning, I was randomly looking over the notebooks on my desk. There they were, the four articles so beautifully stacked together. They were placed in the piles of notebooks and binders on my desk, which I literally flipped through more than five times. Somehow I was not able to find them. Somehow they escaped my searching eyes. Somehow it had the power to bring me anxiety. Yet because I chose to rely on God and let nothing else affects me, I was able to find peace in heart. When I found these articles, there was just an extra blessing. My heart instantly cried out seven words, GOD YOU ARE SO GOOD TO ME!!!
***
This evening, once again, I was bothered and my heart was burdened, I called out to God in prayer. When I took the steps of faith, God answered my prayer, just as He always does! How can I not give You all the praises, my Lord, for You are a God who cares about me in the most microscopic level. Even when I do not know what will happen next, You were already there, waiting to meet me after I take my steps of faith. Thank You JESUS. Thank You for showing me Your faithfulness so that I spend my life modeling after You.
It takes faith to meet the Faithful One.
No comments:
Post a Comment