"Flying Home"
Personalized Swallow (燕子Yanzi) & the Crimson Summer Academy Logo
As I was filling out the mentor application, I could not control the impulse of getting out the paint and make this present for my beloved mentors. Once again, the Art of Giving Back.
After graduating from this life-changing program in 2011, I've never been back to visit. What a shame =P Memories still flow through my mind as if they just happened last night.
Moments of deep conversations,
earnest listening,
generous affirmations& encouragements,
how can I ever let these slip my mind?
M&J are not only my family members but they are builders of the family,
they helped to build my characters.
"Thoughtful, wise, honest"
These words I kindly and gracefully accept.
Even after a year and a half of physical separation,
I found myself removing every layer and hit heart to heart conversation with them right away. We picked up right where we left off and our conversation continued in joyful laughters, mutual reflections, and of course, celebration.
I got so excited even before I got on the bus. I could not wait to see them. The moment I rang the door bell, M came out and she was so surprised. We got so excited that we hugged each other three times! Hug for love, hug for love, hug for love.
In the mist of our conversation, M brought up something that really reflect the true meaning of what I try to live by: "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life - Proverbs 4:23"
After all the life traumas, I am still able to stay true to my values and love life. All of these, I give glory to God- the One who touches the deepest wound of my heart and filled them with His unconditional love. There are still questions and unresolved feelings I have towards Christianity, but this seeking heart of mine is "restless until it rest in God- Augustine". He is not just a God of the Chinese Cantonese Speaking Church, He is not just a God who we spend time with on Sundays, and He is not a God which Doubts can hinder or swallow. I believe in THE God who is LOVE. This may sound cliche because the word "God" and "Love" have been watered down by our careless culture. As the younger generation, what we must preserve is the attitude of seeking God, seeking Truth, seeking Love.
Praises to The God who has created the universe, who hears my most silent inner cries, who calms the storm in my heart in brokenness, who understands our sufferings and always provides a way out, whose love is "tough" beyond my imagination, who sets standards and discipline and embrace gentleness and kindness... Lord, please continue to be the "Center of My Life"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s17CHaRWRU
Jesus at the center of it all
Jesus at the center of it all
From beginning to the end
It will always be
It's always been You
Jesus, Jesus
Jesus be the center of my life
Jesus be the center of my life
From beginning to the end
It will always be
It's always been You
Jesus, Jesus
Nothing else matters
Nothing in this world will do
Jesus you're the center
Everything revolves around You
Jesus You
Bridge:
From my heart to the heavens
Jesus be the center
It's all about You
It's all about You
Jesus be the center of my church
Jesus be the center of my church
From beginning to the end
It will always be
It's always been You
Jesus, Jesus

No comments:
Post a Comment