不可叫人小看你年輕,總要在言語、行為、愛心、信心、清潔上,都做信徒的榜樣。提摩太前書4:12

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mid-night enjoyment- reading Antigone :)

"We are asked to see that a conflict-free life would be lacking in value and beauty next to a life in which it is possible for conflict to arise; that part of the value of each claim derives from a special separateness and distinctness that would be eclipsed by harmonization."- Nussbaum (1986, p.81)


So well and beautifully written. I totally agree!!! This was the exact idea that I attempted to express to my dearest Sagwa Shawnna Fighta earlier on facebook chat while updating each other about college. To put the idea into simpler words: life without struggles is not worth living because we do not get to grow to our fullest. My beliefs is that the more struggles, the more one can grow. Of course, there are different direction of where one could grow- be defeated and grow into a failure, or be victorious and grow into someone truly beautiful. I know I have the most Powerful and Mighty God by my side, I will be victorious! 

At first, I was not a big fan of this cover so I thought Antigone was a play that I never read before. But as I read more about the introduction, I realized I read Antigone in the huge high school literary book! Absolutely love this play! I noticed that my little bro Jin and I both have affinity for anything Greek related. I love reading about Greek culture and how the ancient people interact with each other. I then combine what I know from watching Chinese drama to the lifestyle and values Greeks. They are so different in millions of ways yet so similar! 

9780872205727.jpg
I really enjoy reading. 
It provides me a safe and calm space to just go back to the minds of people who lived thousands of years before me, and to connect with them as if they were still alive! 
Reading also allows me to grow not physically, but mentally and spiritually. I get to grow from my heart as new epiphanies come up everything I read something triggers my thoughts.
Reading expands my views of the world.

Therefore, I would never stop reading! :) 
let me
keep r-e-a-d-i-n-g
Keep t...h...i...n...k...i...n...g
Keep growiNG

No comments:

Post a Comment