不可叫人小看你年輕,總要在言語、行為、愛心、信心、清潔上,都做信徒的榜樣。提摩太前書4:12

Monday, May 30, 2011

A glimpse of... prom! ^___-

Should I take this happy flower with me? hahahaha... 
if so, I would be really really really good model for art_of_nature blog!
O, so in love with white& green this year.
just look at my blogger layout, 
my prom dress and my accessories fit perfectly with it. 
:)
I am really excited for prom.
I can not wait to take beautiful photos with my high school friends.
I can not wait to spend a night having fun with my loved ones.
I can not wait to "accomplish" prom with my date.
I can not wait to turn good moments into forever memory.
I can not wait, I can not wait, I can not wait!
actually, I can wait...
Patience is a virtue.
A few months ago, I was really skeptical about prom.
Until one day, Vivian influenced me with her excitement.
How can you not go? It is once in a life time!
I know. Once in a life time, true.
The explorer inside me began to expose me to the day of prom, in my fantasy.
That was how I became a fan of prom.
With that infective excitement, I influenced Mamadou.
He was skeptical about it at first too.
But the power of peer pressure is too great. :)
so he gave in.
Funny part is... we both don't mind going, 
but if possible, we would pass the dancing part.
Dancing is really the part that caused our early Promphobia. 
Sometimes I really dislike certain actions that people do when they dance.
To be honest, I felt disgusted. 
this should not be a reason that I don't want to go to prom, 
Arthur reminds me.
You can not stop what others do. just enjoy yourself.
after he said something along that line,
I felt more open about prom.
Later, we decided to change our "stereotype" about prom.
We began to put more emphasize
on the special dinner, 
on the well dressed classmates, 
on the moments to be together with most of our lovely high school for the last time.
With attitude changed,
I became super excited for prom.
I want the experience.
During prom shopping, 
I got so much closer to Vivian...
I actually enjoyed shopping so much more when shopping for dresses.
They make me feel so girly. hehe.
I also got closer to Dongwa
as we communicate more regarding to prom.
I am grateful that he decided to give prom a try too.
first step of stepping out of comfort zone. good job.
Enian will also be there also, 
so we can keep him accompanied as Sagwa is surely going wild in dancing. =P

During this process of getting ready for prom.
I experienced many "first times"
-watch Youtube make-up tutorial and put on whole face make-up all by myself
-wearing a green mermaid dress
-special, extra sweet compliment from mom
-shop for at least 5 hours non-stop (set record!)
-shop online for dress
-shop& choose outfit for Dongwa

Let prom be a happy ending for my high school year,
also,
Let prom be a beautiful transition between high school and college.
(since my college life starts in less than a month! JUNE 26~~~)

No comments:

Post a Comment