So so so ...
more than 2 people had mentioned to me that I got my Wheaton college wrong.
Wheaton in Chicago is a Christian college; Wheaton in Ma is a liberal arts college!
Hahaha, indeed I made a major mistake. But a beautiful one. :)
I believe it is not an accident that I got it wrong though!
It was after that post I decided to lift up everything, particular my college decision, to God. At that moment, I really felt peace in heart. I told God in my prayer that no matter where He wants me to go, I will go. regardless.
Literally less than a day later, I received my super surprised acceptance letter from BC. You won't believe how excited I was when I got the mail!!! I just went from the abyss of the ocean valley to the apex of the universe! If my ceiling didn't have a limit, I would jump so high that I could dance on the cloud, sing with the birds, and shine the world with the sun through my cheezy smile. LOL!
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
this is my quote of the year! no joke!!! This quote provided me shelter and security when nothing else on earth could cheer me up. Only God's word did. A hope and a future, when we believes, everything will turn out to be alright. This is God's promise and He never ever ever ever fails me!
My spiritual life once again revived.
For the whole college process, I used to tell the old seniors not to worry, just lift it to God. But when it comes to myself, I felt so tired to pray or to even ask God for His advise. I thought everything would just be okay, no need to pray specially for college. Boy, I was so wrong!!! God wants me to participate in His work, He wants me to experience His presence and His perfect timing! Like Maxine and Jamie said, "timing is everything"! I do not think anybody would deny such a perfect moment of timing to be just an accident! Hallelujah, thank God for Your timing and Love my Lord!!!
BC envelope was not just a regular acceptance letter. It is a special program where BC offers me a transitional summer program to strengthen my academics, enhance diversity, and an opportunity to enrich my social life at campus! The moment I received the envelope, I knew this is the direction that God wants me to go. He has prepared this for me allllll along! Everything needed is just me to obey Him and to seek His will. Silly me, I was so doubtful on that Friday when Wellesley and Smith did not take me. I was so down because I was trying to hold on to my own desire so much. God is teaching me an important lesson here: not to focus on the world, need not to meet their expectation. Focus on God instead, be willing to meet His expectation (though I will never be able to live up to his standard), God will give me the strength to get through all obstacles!
If I could relive my life for the past two weeks, I would choose the same thing. I would rather experience God and follow the path that He has prepared for me than to choose my own path which involves negative feelings over certain expectations.
Life is good, truly, when one accepts God into his/her life. Not because we will no longer experience disappointment, pain, and sorrow, but because we know that there is always someone more important than anything we have in this life- that is God/Jesus Christ/ Holy Spirit Himself. I will always have joy in my heart, through good times and bad times, because God is constantly teaching me a lesson to learn. He is preparing my faith to enter eternity.
" Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus". - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Being joyful is heavenly peace, not just happiness. Happiness depends on people, materials and circumstances; being joyful is free from all of these. For joy comes from God alone, it is long lasting and forever sweet. It is just that sometimes we chose not to be joyful; we refused to accept God's present of joy.
I recently realized that being joyful is not just a choice or plainly a state of feeling, it is a command from God. It involves obedience (obey God by doing what is His willing) and it involves love (love for God, therefore to please Him).
Let me clear all my senses on this world and focus on my God alone! His plan is way better than my plan. and His will is way better than my will. So why choose the latter?
No comments:
Post a Comment