(http://brittgillette.com/WordPress/?p=107)
Israel
Non-believers can dismiss the messianic prophecies as unfulfilled by claiming the Gospels were written by the followers of Jesus and that Medieval historians revised history.
But you can’t make the claim of historical revisionism when a prophecy is fulfilled in your own day.
And God’s Word was fulfilled in plain sight, for all the world to see, in May 1948. That’s when Israel became a nation for the first time in almost 2,000 years.
2,600 years ago, the prophet Isaiah spoke on behalf of God, who promised to gather Israel’s children from the four corners of the earth and bring them back to the land He promised them:
“‘Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will gather you and your children from east and west and from north and south. I will bring my sons and daughters back to Israel from the distant corners of the earth. All who claim me as their God will come, for I have made them for my glory. It was I who created them.” Isaiah 43:5-7 (NLT)God also promised through the prophet Jeremiah to bring the people of Israel out of exile and back into their land:
“‘But the time is coming,’ says the Lord, ‘when people who are taking an oath will no longer say, ‘As surely as the Lord lives, who rescued the people of Israel from the land of Egypt.’ Instead, they will say, ‘As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the people of Israel back to their own land from the land of the north and from all the countries to which he had exiled them.’ For I will bring them back to this land that I gave their ancestors.” Jeremiah 16:14-15 (NLT)And, as if that weren’t enough, God reiterated His intentions through the prophet Ezekiel:
“Therefore, give the exiles this message from the Sovereign Lord: Although I have scattered you in the countries of the world, I will be a sanctuary to you during your time in exile. I, the Sovereign Lord, will gather you back from the nations where you were scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel once again.” Ezekiel 11:16-17 (NLT)The promise to restore Israel as a nation isn’t made just once, twice, or even three times in the Bible, but numerous times. Space constraints simply don’t allow for an exhaustive look at all of God’s prophecies concerning Israel.
Nevertheless, it’s clear that long before the Jewish people ended an almost 2,000 year exile from the land of Israel, God promised their return.
These promises weren’t “made up” by mere men… How could they be? Who but God could have foreseen the Jewish exile and subsequent regathering? What other nation of people in the history of the world faced a forced exile yet retained all the elements of their cultural, religious, and social heritage?
The modern day nation of Israel is bombshell testimony of God’s existence…
“Above all, you must realize that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet’s own understanding, or from human initiative. No, those prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from God.” 2 Peter 1:20-21 (NLT)Which opens the door to even more evidence…
Further readings,http://brittgillette.com/WordPress/?p=107
No comments:
Post a Comment