不可叫人小看你年輕,總要在言語、行為、愛心、信心、清潔上,都做信徒的榜樣。提摩太前書4:12

Saturday, November 27, 2010

From lacking to willing...

The problem is not that we are lacking, it is whether or not you are willing.

What problem?
As I thought about the sharing at J2 tonight, my heart was so touched by each and everyone's sharing. As Nicole mentioned, sometimes it is hard to share in a big group setting about God's work because we are not used to do so and almost everybody fears about public speaking. But the amazing part is, God will have His ways to open up our heart to speak His grace and blessings. It is such a beautiful picture! Like Paul emphasizes on Philippians, REJOICE!!! Amen!

let me refers back to the 'problem' mentioned above. What exactly is the problem that I am trying to discuss here? I think there is only one problem in my mind that I realized the solution tonight: the problem of little faith. That was my problem. The most challenging problem that I encountered so far in my journey to learn more about God. I believe it is a problem for many others too. Sometimes even as Christians, we are too comfortable with what we have and we began to loose the passion to live for Christ, which is a challenging life because not many people are willing to take up the cross and walk this narrow path.

Before I went to J2 today, I prayed to God in my usual spot and I read a devotional book by Jaeson Ma. Jeason shared about his experience giving his life to God during his senior year. He became very passionate about God and share the gospel with his classmates, near 100 classmates came to realize Jesus as their savior at the end of his senior year! That was the kind of faith that I look up to, I thought to myself. When I think about myself, I got intimidated for a sec (trying to imagine 100 non-christinas from my class came to know God during my senior year?) it seems to be impossible. But then I humbled myself in prayer, I remind myself that it is not Pastor Jaeson Ma who performed the miracle, that done the impossible, it is God. Thats the beauty of faith and prayer. They all point back to God. God is the center of everything we do, and the center of our lives!

I can not emphasize the joyful, grateful, and hopeful life that God has led me to, and I can not emphasize how great it feels to know your purpose of living because nobody else can tell you this purpose. A life lives for oneself is not a life worth living for, because no one can escape death. But with Jesus' cross, we are allowed to enter eternity with God. My purpose in life is to share God's love with others, and to introduce others back to God.

I know I am lacking many things. I am lacking the skills, I am lacking they money, I am lacking the faith... I am lacking so many things to accomplish what God wants me to do. But God reminds me tonight that it is not "what I am lacking" that is hindering me to accomplish His work, it is "whether or not I am willing". My God is a powerful God, He will provide me anything I need and more than I can imagine, as long as I am willing to live a life for Him. =)

Father Lord, please grant me the passion to keep praying to You. In Jesus name I lift up this short prayer. Amen.

A sentence from Pastor Ma's book really appealed to me, "I have a passion for prayer. I am nothing without it. I am everything with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment