不可叫人小看你年輕,總要在言語、行為、愛心、信心、清潔上,都做信徒的榜樣。提摩太前書4:12

Friday, November 19, 2010

11182010 is an important #!

Out of strong desires in my heart, I somehow managed to wake up from a nap and attended the missions meeting at church. As I was walking there, for some reason, my feet just speed up, I was so eager to attend the meeting! Honestly, it was not a meeting that I look forward and I did not plan to go a week ago knowing that it is on a school night. But out of God's blessing, I was able to overcome my own laziness and attended the meeting out of faith. As I speed up my steps, I prayed to God: I lift up my fear of being in a serious setting with all adults, I pray for my heart to be obedient and open to what I was about to learn, and I pray for myself to just be myself regardless of the young age that I am. After the prayer, I looked up to the sky. I saw the bright moon surrounded by waves of crystal-like clouds, what a beautiful scene that I was able to see! Then I felt peace in my heart, I knew that God indeed answered my prayer right away.

In the meeting, Barry recapped what Pastor Luo shared with us two weeks ago. It was nice to refresh my mind of what had touched my heart and once again be motivated by God's love message. Right after that, we had a sharing session. It was the part where I witnessed people's grateful life because of God's plan. I remembered everyone's sharing and was touched by all of them. Though we were in different age and different stage of life, but it was a blessing to see other brothers and sisters in Christ to care so much about this BCEC family and God's Kingdom! Hallelujah to my Heavenly Father!!! <3

One of the people who shared her story was the Christian that bought me to Christ. After so many years, I give thanks to God for her to set a good example for me!!!

Though I am still young, I want to prepare myself. I will gear up myself. For Paul advises us many years ago :

"13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."- Ephesians 13-20

No comments:

Post a Comment