and so I moved my chair incredibly close to the bedroom door
to avoid nature playing a game of hide&seek with me...
why?
A few months ago, I had dissected the doorknob
to prevent locking myself in the room by the broken doorknob.
Once, I locked myself inside for a good ten minutes...
Ten minutes is not long, just 600 seconds,
but with the need to use the bathroom,
I decided to show no more mercy to the naughty doorknob.
It took me less than half of 600 seconds to finish the taming job,
unscrewed, pulled, screwed, pushed, tap-tapped, done!
I felt skillful as a man.
Okay, enough of off-track free write,
I hear sweet soothing music tonight.
The sound of passing vehicles on the newly wet road,
transfers up to the 9th floor I sense music notes flow.
The sound of the subways substituting the drum,
one after one periodically they come.
I am still sitting on the chair,
breathing the cool September air.
September, oh yes, September
I remembered September.
The month that many mourn
with crying tears
The month that I was born
with crying tears
What's so significant about it?
people come, people leave,
"Here today and gone tomorrow,
like a wave tossed in the ocean,
a vapor in the wind..."
who can decide their destiny anyway?
September 11
Life of Oskar Schell, protagonist of Extremely Close& Incredibly Close, never be the same.
September 17
Life of Yanyi Weng, protagonist of Beloved, never be the same.
Fiction or non-fiction,
Oskar and I are bounded by struggles
yet we are free by love.
The love that turns any irritating struggles in our life
into priceless pearl just as an oyster in obtaining its pearl.
Struggles in life are not meant discourage us to move forward
nor take away our right to live,
they are here to train us to be stronger,
to produce more beautiful pearls of Characters.
I am still sitting in the chair,
with my legs tugged into the blanket,
so relax, so warm.
A few seconds ago,
the wind blew against my three precious "Dream Catchers"
that I placed under different strings of paper cranes.
It's a sign of HOPE, isn't it?
in 5th grade, Ms. Su gave me my first Dream Catcher.
"It is believed that only good dreams will pass through, bad dreams will stay on the net"
I believed what I saw. Not what Ms. Su said, but I believed her act of love.
Every time when I look upon the Dream Catcher,
I felt loved.
While I am trying to catch UP with my dream in reality,
that Dream Catcher is indeed an encouragement and motivation.
There are still many great memories in the room
which I want to give thanks to at this September night.
But for time's sake, for my health's sake, for my grade's sake,
I shall end this long diary soon.
But before that,
I must give thanks to God, the Creator of the Universe,
for my ability to see, to hear, to smell, to feel, and to taste
both tangible substances and abstracts.
The ability to do all of these is not an accident,
it is a blessing from God that I am still alive today.
As I close my eyes to take a deep breath,
I hear a song that is extremely loud and incredibly close,
sing by the Wind of Nature,
"happy birthday to you...happy birthday to you..."
I am not crazy!
When you get older, you will understand.
hahaha.
by the way, it is 1:39am already.
Happy writing.
I better pass my Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close open response tomorrow.
2010 birthday wish:
- To be able to love with patience, regardless the situation.
- *** ****** **** **** *** *** ******* **** ****** ** ***** ***
- ***** *** *** *** ***** ******** ***** **** ** *** ***** ** ******
(Have fun denoting my stars, if you have read this far. I appreciated and admire your patience, but not so much of your skimming skill. haha Just kidding!)
No comments:
Post a Comment